1. Plug ASUS DSL-AC68U / RT-AC68U into a Power Source
Ensure that the power cable provided in the device packaging is connected to a power socket on the wall
Confirm that the device is receiving power after the power point is switched on
- You can confirm this by checking if the status lights on the device are flashing or solid green
2. Plug ASUS DSL-AC68U / RT-AC68U into your nbn™ device
- Use the network cable provided with the router so one end is plugged into the port 4 on the back of the modem (as set up in the WAN guide) and the other end into the active port on your nbn™ device – this will usually be the LAN1 or UNI-D 1 port.
- If you have configured and plugged in your modem correctly, the Internet light on the front of your modem should illuminate. This may take up to five (5) minutes.
- If the connection does not connect in the port you have plugged into on your nbn™ device, please refer to your MyOwnTel activation email which specifies the correct port.
If the Internet light does not illuminate after five (5) minutes once the router has been configured, please contact our support team on 13 30 02 for further troubleshooting.
3. Connect to the device
Use the supplied ethernet cable to connect a computer to one of the yellow LAN ports (port 1-3). You can also connect wirelessly, however, we recommend ethernet connection.
4. Accessing the device
- Open a web browser (e.g. Google Chrome/Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox/Microsoft Edge) and browse to http://192.168.1.1. Use the following details to log in:
- Default username: admin
- Default password: admin
(if these credentials have previously been changed, please use the new ones. If you don’t know the password and can’t log in, you may need to factory reset the unit)